Wednesday, February 2, 2011

3 Tuck Pants

I've seen so many pants with tucks or pleats for ladies for the past few seasons that I had to have one. Unfortunately, I am one the few girls who look really "weird" in pants ( I highly suspect that my legs are not in proportion to the length of my upper body), hence I could not find any available off-the-racks.

Hence my first attempt at sewing pants. This project gave me a few "first"s. First attempt at sewing a pant style zipper. I have no problems with invisible zippers but lapped zippers and pant style zippers scares me. First attempt at sewing a waist band. First attempt at sewing pants(I did not make a muslin, which could turn out disasterious).

Anyways, decided to make a pair of camel coloured pants using Evans pattern from Miho of Tamanegi-Kobo. I have seen a few really beautiful creations from this pattern by Yoshimi and Satomi. Miho's patterns are easy to follow and the finished projects are really beautiful.


I wore this to the office today. To all the Chinese readers out there, Happy Lunar New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Home sewer on the weekends and banker during office hours.